View Single Post
      03-15-2015, 04:21 PM   #54
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Why the impatience? BMW will release the M2 when it is good and ready to do so. They have to complete final tests before the final sign off and that includes cold weather and hot weather testing which we will see during the duration of the year. Some pre-ex emptive marketing will begin soon.
Excuse the collective impatience, but please internalize the narrative here. There a good number of people who are cross shopping the M2 with a car that has a base price of $85k.

These folks, like me, aren't interested in a fast GT (i.e. M4), but rather, a properly balanced driver's car... something you can reliably auto-cross or track from the factory... something missing entirely from the existing stable.

Let me be clear, I am unabashedly a kool-aid drinking BMW fan and Iove my 1M, my X3 and the long list of BMW's that preceded them... but I've driven an Cayman S and I know that the grass is pretty darn green on that side of the fence.

I understand that BMW can't be everything to everyone one (and that this forum may not be a statistically relevant portion of its base)... but BMW is synonymous with motorsports, servicing this constituency should be important!
Appreciate 1