11-18-2014, 09:54 AM   #40
bladeomatic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
I think the driver assist plus is unnecessary as it's mainly the lane departure warning (which I find annoying) and also the speed limit signs detector which you should be seeing on the street anyway instead of on your dash.

Since you already got the basic driver assist, I don't see a value of the park assist option unless you just need that extra assistance with parallel parking (or have someone who drives your car who needs it).
I have both and will tell you that driver's assist was somewhat a bust for me.
-vibrates wheel when you cross the line (somewhat annoying, IMO)
-Auto-stops when pedestrian comes in front of you (haven't seen this really work, even when I'm coming up on a barrier somewhat quickly.
-The speed signs in the speedo are annoying and I don't use that.

That said, I got the parking assist because my wife will drive it sometimes. Living in LA, where parking can be tight at times, I thought I'd never use it. But the 1st time I did, it did a flawless job of dropping my baby against the curb in a matter of seconds with no scraped bumper or rims.

In hindsight, the only changes I would have made against my build would have been to delete the Driver's assist Plus and go with Red vs. Black seats.

Plus, when you get the drivers assist plus, you lose the small/handy little storage pocket to the left of the steering column. :-)
Appreciate 0