04-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #25
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I take full blame for my generation watering down "Awesome." We did it in the eighties and I'm guilty of it but I am trying to atone for that. The best wine (and exhaust note) in the world, is the one YOU like. I don't mean this arrogantly, I swear, but I come from a 1M which did not have the awesome sound of an E90 M3 but it was loud, especially cold. For me it DID meet the minimum requirements of awesome. The E90 exhaust in anger is awesome and uses no microphones or speakers. I don't hear anything from the M235i. It's pretty weak actually for me on the outside. Again, I come from a 1M which is loud so take it for that. The exhaust was a disappointment for me. Inside, again, it was quiet until you hit about 3500 rpm, then something hurt my inner ear. Like high frequency thing that caused discomfort. It wasn't even loud, just not quite right.

As far as self parking ///M cars, go. We are not in the Lexus soccer-mom forum and the poster asked what people thought of this "feature" and we answered. It seems strange that BMW would add this feature to their sporty model but not engineer a real exhaust system or take away the oil temp gauge. I think it speaks to a misalignment of priorities between BMW and many of the people it targets its cars too.
Fair enough. I mean, I prefer the exhaust note of my 335is over that of the 1M and the e92 M3, to be honest. I think it sounds divine.

That isn't to say I don't like loud exhausts though. I think the exhaust note of the RS5 is bananas.
Appreciate 0