View Single Post
      01-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #60
caycep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
AARRGH I'm trying to resist! and also please don't tell me how great the M2 front lower control arm upgrade is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryJI View Post
The Dinan suspension upgrade on my 228i has been trouble-free for two years now. I strongly advise that you combine it with the Shockware mod that reprograms the shocks and is not available for any of the other F-22 cars as far as I know. It has made an enormous difference to the car's driving dynamics. While they continue to be civilised in city driving (I am in CA, too), when you push the car you will experience a lot less understeer, much better communication with the road, instantaneous response to driver inputs and very little dive and roll under heavy braking and acceleration. Even more than the tune, this mod has transformed the car into a really capable sports coupe; it is very quick and handles beautifully. Above all (and I apologise if I am repeating myself) do not get the work done at a Dinan-licensed dealership service department. Find the most reputable BMW tuner shop with a Dinan contract that you can (I'd be happy to share mine in Los Angeles) where a BMW-certified master mechanic can do the work. Do NOT use a dealer service shop for suspension replacement. And make sure you get the bump stops.
Appreciate 0