01-19-2018, 11:34 AM   #52
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1O1 View Post
Exactly. I'd gone against an M2 in a stoplight to stoplight spirited launch. Manual M2 vs auto M235/M240 its really a drivers race.

Like you said, its all about what you want, what you want people to see. There are a few people that really drive the piss out of their cars, but at the end of the day, even all the modding, and power, and exhausts etc, most of the time fully modded cars mostly are used to show up other cars at a stoplight or highway run.

The lesson here, be happy with what you chose, have, no reason to try and make the argument its better than something else. It might be better to you, and that's all that matters
Agreed.

I see this conversation is still going on in the 2 series forum. I had a M235i and loved it, but really wanted a M2. Now nearly two years later, mostly due to my impatience; I'm finally going to pick up one at the performance center in SC. I modded my M235i with Dinan bolt ons, short of the tuning box. I had the springs, intake, exhaust, resonator delete, and exhaust, which gave me the Dinan badge.

I loved the way the car drove and had fun at my HPDE. Having said all that, I still wanted the M2. Every time I watched a video or lurked over at the F87 forum, it just made me want it more. I just like the way it looks, sounds and it's what I wanted. Long story short, I traded the M235i, got a Focus RS, the opportunity came for me to get a 18 M2, and I'm going for it.

I don't know what my point is, but I guess, get what you really want, enjoy it, and don't worry about what other people think.
Appreciate 0