View Single Post
      07-12-2017, 11:19 AM   #22
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

The 2 series with Adaptive M suspension drives very well, IMO. It's as composed as any commuter car yet not loose like a civic. When you want better handling, sport/sport+ changes the dynamic pretty well. Never heard of anyone not liking how it works, more than they wish it got "stiffer" but that's a spring issue, not damper..

I test drove a 6MT 4 series as there were no 6MT 2 series (new) on the lot to test prior to finding my CPO 2 series . The 4 series was fine, nothing wrong with it, it felt more luxurious but not night/day. It felt like a big car inside, like a 6 series coupe we used to have, but lighter. It was a strange experience, because the weight of the car was fair, and the handling was pretty neutral but it still felt huge, to me. It's funny because spec wise they're not that much different in interior spacing, just a very different dash configuration which changes the whole aspect when you're sitting behind the wheel. The small cluster and big 3 spoke wheel hit home for me, in this car. This car wraps around you, whereas the 4 series makes you feel like cruising the town.

Can't go wrong with either choice, but it comes down you what you want from the car, which is either a fast handling/performance coupe, or a quick/fast commuter luxury coupe. Two very different cars, IMO.

D
Appreciate 0