View Single Post
      05-31-2017, 06:17 PM   #16
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

FWIW, in doing a bit of research and talking with a trusted sales manager. I relay the following:

Unless you pay $4K extra for the leather seats, you get basically the same interior as the M240i.

You get essentially the same motor in the the 440i that is in the M240i (a touch less HP stock) and a 0-60 in 4.8 vs. 4.4. If you add the BMW "go fast", you could shave maybe .4 off that time so you'll have a 440i which is larger performing at the same level as a stock M240i.

Now granted if you like the 440i size, you can add the BMW part (or a Stage 1 Dinan) and get a decent performance gain, and you can spend $4k for the nicer interior and perhaps another $2K for one of the special colors (I love the Tanzanite blue myself), with the Venetian Beige Interior (Cashmer for $4K), but you'll be at $60K w/o the track package (just the Essential and Premium pkges). Add another $1100 for the HUD. Then add the Dinan approx $1600 installed or the BMW "Go Fast" ($2500-$3K?)

Still way cheaper than a comparable M4, but for the cash, the M240i is a huge bargain. Add a Dinan Stage 1 and run w/ or beat an M2. W/o the M car insurance premium.

If the 4 came with Napa leather rather the Dakota w/ Merino as a upgrade, it would be a bit more appealing IMO. But ..................dunno. Maybe buy it for the exterior colors choice and leave it basically stock.
Appreciate 0