View Single Post
      05-29-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Funny you should ask. I love my EB M240i (with Dinan Stage 1). I traded a 2015 C7 Corvette for it, but next time around, I'll get the 440i, just for the upgrades available w/ that model.

The stock M240i is very fast as stock 0-60 4.4 sec. W/ the Dinan I'm likely now close to 4.0. The Stock 440i is 4.8 seconds, so it no slouch. If you add the BMW "go fast", you'll probably be right where a stock M240i is 0-60.

Any car that runs to 60 MPH in the 4 second range is a fast car. (Growing up i had a Triumph Bonneville and 0-60 was 5 seconds).

Finding I can't use my M240i's mod'ed power w/o risking a ticket where I live, so having it, is pretty much lost. I don't track or AutoX, so it's basically a "go fast" cruiser. I do enjoy the car's performance, but rarely go more than half pedal in a daily drive.

So, started looking at the 4 series for the Tanzanite Blue Metallic w/ Venetian Beige leather & Burl Walnut interior. I can live with the .8 sec 0-60 speed deficit for the extra plushness. If I wanted a bit more performance I can always add the MPPSK, but again it would be likely unused.

I've found that 1 second plus or minus performance is wasted unless you constantly race from stop light to stop light or track the car where you're competing against the clock. It's more a personal thing knowing you have it rather than actually use it.

Initially I was looking at the M4 to replace my M240i, but looked at the cost diff, the performance gain 3.9 (to my 4.0) or the 440i 4.8. All are very fast.
So I will likely get the 440i. If the 430i had the color options I wanted would probably get that. 0-60 in 5.5 sec is still very respectable.
Appreciate 2
drexplode1784.50
DJEwen32.00