Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
Just curious what it was about the Charger SRT that made it a better driver than the SS?

My assumption was that an SS would whip the Charger around a road course with its smaller size, magnetic dampers, Brembo brakes, etc., but maybe I'm underestimating the Dodge's capabilities as a handling car?
SRT has magnetic dampers too. The upgraded brakes (standard on SRT and Daytona) are amazing. They are the huge 2 piece rotors and 6 piston. Some of the best brake feel I've ever felt. Grip levels were huge and the car was very stable. I scared the salesman quite a bit (I'm a 15 year track day guy). As for a road course I think it depends on the track. On a small technical course (like Streets of Willow) I think they battle it out pretty closely. On a big course (like Big Willow) the SRT has the lead the whole time. For pure straight line speed the SRT should pull on a SS with no problem.

I will also make the claim that the SRT is quicker than a stock m235i around Big Willow. I did a 1:33 at Willow with my current setup. I don't doubt a stock SRT pulls that off on the same track.

I just think the Charger pulls off the american muscle car better than the SS and is just a much better overall package. Charger just has that spark that I didn't get with the SS.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the 2015+ Charger. Which is a big update from the previous years.

Damn, makes me want to go get one again. I'm trying to hold onto the BMW until I move in about 18 months. If I move to Vegas the SRT will be back on my list. If I move to Flagstaff, AZ I'll probably end up with a 4x4 to tackle the snow.

Last edited by Anthony235; 11-21-2017 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0