View Single Post
      10-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #1
CJBimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

'15 228 Static MSport vs Adaptive Suspensions

Hey fellas. So Im thinking about getting into a 228 and trying to decide between the '15 or potentially a '17 230. I already know I'm set on certain things: MSport, 6MT etc, but Im really sorta stumped on the suspension options and what may actually be the better choice and in this case it sounds like that may kick me from one model year into the other. Ive dug around search-wise but not gotten a great feel for owner opinion and living with the car/choice so any opinions or feedback would be very helpful.

Im wrestling with the difference in drive quality between the static MSport suspension and the dynamic/adaptive MSport/Track package in the later models. There are obviously pros/cons and opinions on both sides but Ive gathered that the track package/adaptive suspension may not be all that great, sort of jack of all trades, master of none trade off. The static MSport with stiffer springs may be a better option, albeit maybe less versatile?

Anyway, I was hoping to find the sort-of enthusiast oriented preference/consensus on the performance aspect of these two options. For perspective Ill probably never track the car. I will take the twisties at every available opportunity, though.

Any help or owner perspective would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0