11-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEBreh View Post
I have a few questions for you guys

1: Computer seems to pinpoint service at 11,500 miles, does this sound correct? I thought it was every 10,000 miles.

2: Will they adjust the emergency brake under warranty if I ask them to do it when I bring it in?

3: One of my speakers is blown out (was like that when I first got the car). Would they cover that?

4:Will they void my corrosion/suspension warranty for using aftermarket BBS wheels and 215/50R17 tires if I bring the car in with that combination?

5: Also, I coded the office function into my headunit. Should I remove that before I bring it in for service?

Thanks
1) The car has a usage-based system. You may get additional mileage on your interval due to more highway usage. Trust the indicator which illuminates in the cluster.

2) If the parking brake does not seem to be functioning properly, they should bring it back to its proper function under warranty if the car is under warranty.

3) If the car is under warranty, the speaker should be covered. (Based on your questions, was this a used car?)

4) No. There is no issue, unless you are complaining about a defect in the wheel which they did not supply. I am running BBS SR wheels for 3 seasons, and the service advisor merely mentioned that he thought they looked very good. Your tire size, which is also my winter tire size, is well within the accepted variation for overall outer diameter.

5) Sorry, not familiar.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0