View Single Post
      05-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #58
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
I think the "lease" folks are gonna be more excited about the LCI than those of us who have purchased, since they are generally looking at replacement sooner. That said, I like the new interior color, the instrument display and iDrive 5.0, but I don't care for the update dash design at all. The new wheels look good. I also like the updated front end air intakes but don't care for the larger kidney grills. Regarding the lights, I think they look okay, but from everything I have read over the past year, the Adaptive Bi Xenon's provide better road lighting than the LED's.

As someone who owns rather than leases, I am most happy only enthusiasts like those of us on these forums would be able to differentiate my 2016 M235i convertible, from a 2017 M240i or a new LCI 2018 M240i even if they were sitting next to each other in a parking lot. While others would like to see BMW take some risks in design updates, I am happy they take a more conservative approach to design updates.

The next question is when will those of us in the US actually see an LCI M240i in our local BMW's sales showroom?
17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 0