View Single Post
      05-17-2015, 05:51 PM   #7
i8ur911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F22 228i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
interested to hear day 2 impressions. are you using the 6MT or 8AT? how did it do? how was power?

i test drove m235i and 228i msport (- thp) yesterday and on the highway, passing seemed slightly weak. i'm guessing it's fine on track since it's not "racing" but i wonder if it would feel a little slow in daily driving which is why i think i may want the extra punch in the m235i. not trying to insult your HP, just curious what your perceptions are on (and off) track. i just don't want to be wringing the car out every day, that can't be healthy for it.

thanks and looking forward to some vids and still shots!

matt
I have the manual.

The track is very difficult to figure out. There are a lot of different lines you can take.

As far as power.....the 228i has plenty for me. I had no problem hanging with higher HP cars is the corners, but obviously lose in the straights. The 228i is more of a momentum car....extremely well balanced which makes the handling superior to many other cars.

I drove the M235i before ordering my car. Yes, it's quicker. No, it's not worth $10k more than a 228i Msport w/ THP.

Depending on what your main use of the car will be and what your current car is, will likely play a big part in your decision.

Either way you can't lose.
Appreciate 1