02-25-2016, 12:36 PM   #76
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Dude! You are THE MAN. You just saved me the trouble of doing a full bypass. I'm sorry to hear that you gotta go back to the drawing board. One piece of advice from prior experience with my N54 335i...straight through resonators don't really help with drone if you've got it with this setup. You gotta do either a full body muffler with some resonance canceling chamber or a Helmholtz chamber. But this shit is all math.

http://www.performancecarweb.com/showthread.php?t=144

I've got a bypass on the flap side exit (left tip) right now but otherwise running the stock muffler.

Was going to get an m performance muffler used but both being sold were made for the performance diffuser.

Now decided to do the muffler gutting that I originally set out to do but didn't feel like spending ~$300 for just labor.

Seems like the guys who have the muffler delete are ok with drone. I can't...too old.
Haha, i don't mind loud nor a little bit of drone (my 370z Nismo was loud with little drone and previous M3 had headers, catless, and was very loud when accelerating, but zero drone). I figured i'll try out the muffler delete only, seeing that it doesn't cost much to do in the first place (and easy to go back if i didnt like it). Thing is, the muffler delete on our cars sounds amazing on the outside, i guess our definition of the amount of drone is different compared to others!

The link you sent is the J pipe i was talking about. I'll give it a go, if the drone isn't reduced any I will just sell the muffler delete section (which looks identical to the Fabspeed Muffler Bypass system), accept my loss, and save up my fun money for AWE exhaust in the future.
Appreciate 0