08-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #267
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-Miami View Post
enhanced usb and bluetooth - this us exactly what is lagging. my USB drops very occasionally when streaming, VERY occasionally. BTi am not even using anymore, since i charge a phone in a car anyways, so i just plug USB and stream through that. and it makes sense, since BT streaming drains battery and you will probably connect it to charge in a car anyway, so BT music streaming is not really needed. not a huge problem. wouldnt stop me from buying.
I don't have a problem streaming through USB or bluetooth (I don't mind the battery drain, as I don't use my phone for work). I just like the "cordless" aspect of bluetooth. Plus, I'd really like to stream Pandora thru the BMW Apps (haven't heard/seen much about this, but it sounds interesting). But are you saying that you do have the Enhanced Bluetooth and USB and are still experiencing this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
for some people if works fine... for some others it doesn't... you could even try on a 228 or an older m235 and see if you have the issue..

i think you need enhanced BT for BT steaming...

it might depend on the phone too... i have issues with BT streaming on iphone5 but works fine on USB
The dealer I'll be working with has a '14 228i in stock, so I'll try it out with that while I'm up there this weekend. I have a Galaxy SIII at the moment, but I plan on switching to an iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 within a month or two.

And bluetooth is standard for the 2015 model year, if I'm not mistaken (looked into this quite a bit). The "Enhanced Bluetooth and USB" just provides some extra features for navigation and BMW apps and the like, from what I can tell.

Hopefully I won't have a problem. It'd be really disappointing for my first Bimmer, especially seeing as how you can get a Ford for half the price that has no problems with this sort of thing. :/
Appreciate 0