View Single Post
      07-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #24
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
I was on the same boat but i know my answer now.

I have test driven an M4 DCT.

The engine is fantastic really really awesome. But the first i noticed when driving away it has no nimbleness like the 1M Coupe. The M4 does not feel like it is 1500kg. It s in my eyes closer in feel to an M5/M6 then an 1M coupe.

When i first drove a 1M coupe i was convinced to buy one instantly. The M4 has not convinced me so fast. Is it worth to buy alone for the engine? For me no. I rather have an agile car. My quess is that the wheelbase of the M4 kills of all the fun which i am looking for in a car.

The perfect companion for an 1M coupe is an M3. I really see no point at all to use an M4 as a trackday car in my case. To use a 4 door M3 as a daily drive oh yess!!! It s much more fun then an M5 for sure.

I just have to wait for an M2 then. All i hope for is that bmw keeps the wheelbase as short as possible and make it lighter then the 1M coupe.

The long wait begins but after driving the M4 i know now you just don t get bored driving the 1M coupe. What a Car it is.

+1

I was surprised how quickly you adopted to the 1M, when early-on you were leery of the n54 "lag".. and lack of redline.

I am sure it was the torque and shorter wheelbase that drew you in, given your style of driving & after seeing many of your skillful drift vids..

That you too, are still looking for the perfect BMW wheelbase.

I couldn't land a 1M, but my 135is is not quite right. I have not driven a M235i yet, because I will just wait for the M2 regardless, to feel for myself.

Interesting that you perceive the M4 as "heavier" than it is. The car doesn't look <3600lbs to the eye, either. Perhaps it is just the physical size.

I hope the M2 is a winner, but I've kinda lost //M-faith along the way.
Appreciate 0