04-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #84
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
The best post i have read so far...

I agree, i could have bet money that if they would have raced an e9X m3, the loss would have been considerably worse since the M3 lacks torque...

The Lexus has a great transmission as a matter of fact... i rented one to go to Luxembourg on a three day weekend from SIXT and let me tell you this car is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.... so refined and forgiving until you mash the throttle.... The IS-F doesn't do the what the M3 can do but what i does it does very well...

Gents, this is a sports sedan that doesn't see the service department for other than schedule maintenance which is something we cant really say about the BMW's ( I have 3 by the way)

For those asking as to why the ISF when you could have bought an M3..? well for one it comes standard already with the things the M3 can as packages that would make you cringe at checkout unless of course you are filthy rich which i am not... and...

Some guys dont like to have their cars 2 months out of the year in the shop... they dont like surprise check engine lights when the car is in their first years of their lives and they dont need to stomp of the gas pedal 24/7

Again... good victory for the 2 series car... but i think the staging of this race was lopsided and biased for one of the cars... i would like to see both cars and their prime under optimal conditions to see who would win... but as BMW owners we dont want to see that... do we..?
I'm sorry, but you need to speak for yourself. As far as the E9x M3 is concerned, it's one of the MOST reliable cars BMW has built in recent years in their entire range. I've had mine from 57k miles to almost 79k miles now (127000km) and all it has needed in that time was a throttle valve actuator, which I bought for $800 and replaced in under half a day. I've looked up service records from the previous owner and it has never been to the dealership other than for regular scheduled maintenance (aka fluids) in the first 4 YEARS.

So I'm not sure where you come up with the car being in service for 2 months at a time, but you shouldn't make blanket statements like that.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0