View Single Post
      12-03-2015, 09:42 AM   #7
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog26372 View Post
Ok, update on this...I did get a CEL and some stumbling after a few days and as the weather turned much cooler. Really had to go very light on throttle until warmed up. The power with roughly E25 was fantastic, but the CEL and as others have pointed out flying blindly not knowing if running too lean or whatever just isn't worth the risk.

It is too bad AA8 can't make one of the 8 settings a higher ethanol map as it is a very popular method with our cars for adding significant power. I may go with JB4 after winter as it now can be installed it seems without any wire taps which is appealing and also seems better matched to my car now that I have a hi-flo downpipe and desire to run perhaps E20-25 on a regular basis. Flash tune would be great, but under warranty and want a solution I can return to stock for any issues.

One question I have on the JB4 is I thought I read it only turns the tune on after the engine oil is warmed up. This is great, but what about the fact that if you are running E25, it seems you would always want that part of the tune to be on at all times to have proper air/fuel? I must admit I'm not entirely familiar with JB4, so maybe my concerns aren't warranted and the tune does exactly what I'd want.
The JB4 doesn't adjust boost and other parameters until oil is warmed up, i.e. doesn't increase your power until oil is warmed up enough for the turbo wheel etc to handle it safely.

It still adjusts air/fuel etc safely to handle the engine running different fuels with the flex fuel wire harness.

I'd highly recommend switching over to JB4, it is much more adjustable for the user based on what you want. I am not sure if the F series N55 offers this but a lot of my friends run a back end flash on their FBO N54 JB4 cars to allow smoother running on different fuels etc
Appreciate 0