Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135IBMW View Post
I believe the numbers provided from BMW is based on:
Well equipped including features such as Premium Package (Leather Seats, Moonroof, Comfort Access, Satellite Radio, Power Front Seats and more), Automatic Transmission, iPod/USB Adapter, Hands-free Bluetooth and Destination charges.
... So all you are getting is the premium package then, since all of those other "features" come standard (at least they do on the 3 series, if we are stuck with MT, no free USB adapter or standard bluetooth in 2014, then they've made a huge mistake)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basiluf View Post
A lease is based on residual value and money factor. All BMWs currently have the same money factor, but the 2 series has a slightly higher residual value, 62% versus 61%. The huge difference is that the 328i has $2k in incentives this month, while the 2 series has $0 in incentives since it's a new car. That's the difference in lease prices right now.
I'm well aware how the leasing calculation works, but thank you for laying that out. Point is, MF, residual and incentives aside, the payment should still be competitive, and it's not really stunning to any extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
More than likely the LCI F30 (coming in late 2015) will have a higher price, so they are offering attractive deals on leasing current F30s to move inventory.
Even the 2013's (second model year, full one since 2012 was a short production run) were leasing out at $349, so there's still quite a variance for an inferior vehicle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not trying to start a war, but I assumed they'd want these 2 series pushed aggressively as it's a new line (rebadged 1, but America doesn't understand this). M235 seems like a solid deal, but the 228 isn't competitive as presented on the website.
Appreciate 0