03-23-2019, 06:44 AM   #12
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphomeman View Post
"The junk 8spd ZF" is one of the most highly praised transmissions ever. With paddles, it is very hard to see what the advantages are of an MT over this tranny.
I drove manuals for most of my very long life, beginning with a McCormick Farmall tractor, which we kids were taught to drive on as soon as we could reach the pedals, in my case around 9.
My 235 is my first auto, except for the obligatory Taurus wagon that I hauled kids around in 25 years ago. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
My last stick was a 1987 Ford Mustang with an 88 hp 4 cylinder. I could take off without use of the throttle. I taught my wife to drive it, and that was a training tool, learning to get the car moving by just easing the clutch out without the throttle.

No surprise that a 31 year newer car is just as capable.
That's cool an old vehicle like that had such a balanced throttle. BMW anti-stall is software driven though; I coded it out before, didn't like how it felt with the feature off.

My first car was a 1993 Honda Accord and I didn't know how to drive a manual yet, so I stalled like a mother.. I actually broke all the motor mounts in a few days.

So it was a pleasant surprise to drive a manual BMW with the anti-stall feature.
Appreciate 0