07-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #21
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoc View Post
The M Sport 228i is a very capable car. I test drove an M235i at a dealership a month or so ago, and then autocrossed a M Sport 228i at one of the BMW UDE events this past weekend. I was surprised by the 228i. I was dead set on purchasing an M235i, but now I'm up in the air.
Me too. The 228 felt livelier and the sound once warmed up was better IMO. You can also get it with manual seats which are ligther move forward faster to let kids in the back seat and sit lower for more headroom. I have a ZHP which has about the same HP but the torque is nicer in the 228 albeit, throttle response in the ZHP is awesome once in the power band. I am also up in the air. If I could get the 228i without iDrive and the stupid screen/ idrive radio, that would tip the scales for me toward the 228 but it comes with both. I also found the steering to be somewhat slow and soft so it would have to have quicker steering which is why I was looking at track package. I drove the 235i right after the 228 and while it is stronger it didn't feel as lively. I wish I could find an M-sport manual to test.
Appreciate 0