07-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #128
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
You guys really should be paying a bit more attention to if it will also be "beating" or at least equalling the 1M in terms of engagement and fun. They are throwing a word, a claim in front of you and some of you guys think that it means that it is going to be hell of a sports car because of that claim basically from a high rank marketing official whose job is to sell the new product! Why don't people insist asking if it will have a better steering set up or a different suspension geometry or different size tires and wheels or if it will be the exact same lsd of 435i which will lock up to 30% and how exactly it will work, if the car will be available for someone who doesn't want i-drive for instance, if the lsd will be made available only for someone who also opted for adaptive dampers and all other stuff etc. etc. There are so many questions that most people are not even wondering despite the fact that they probably are potential buyers, and instead just buying a claim that "it will be faster than the 1M on N-ring"; well thank you very much BMW, mostly thanks to your underrating policy even a Megane RS is faster than the 1M on the Ring, at least officially, and don't know why or how it is not faster than the 1M on any other track, go figure.

Just go and shoot BMW with some real questions that deserve an answer. This is supposed to be an enthusiast forum afterall, we are not buying a more silent washing machine here. Aim high for the next M2 too, like Levi who posted above if you want that car to be produced and be something really excited.

Don't you see that they are delaying or maybe thinking of eventually giving up the idea of M2 and this because of both the M3/M4 and these MPerformance cars. Don't get too happy about the M235i with a lsd if you really want to have a great M2, that will work against the M2.

Why exactly this M235i will be a better driver's car than the 1M or will it be? That is the only question I have in my mind, can someone answer? Don't tell me just because it is newer though.
The M235i will be faster then the 1M around the Nurburgring, but that doesn't mean its better in terms of sportiness or feel. These are two completely separate cars. One is a full on M car (a proper sports car), but very limited in terms of production, and the other is more perfect bargain sporty car (a car that is sporty is not the same as a sports car).

The M235i should be starting around 42-44k and people will actually be able to buy it so it will be a great deal. If you didn't get a 1M they are on sale for 60K now used. Also, for some people who care (I don't), the M235i comes with an auto transmission, which the 1M didn't. The M235i will also come with many features. If I remember on the 1M, you could not pick and choose options as freely and were limited to the 3 exterior and 1 interior.

But you are right, unless something drastic was made, the electric steering won't be close to the hydraulic steering feel.

It is like the comparison between the M135i and A45 AMG. One is a full out AMG while the other is a halfsies.

In terms of the M2, I think it is all about the timing. The M2 is not slated for another 2 years so there is plenty of time for the M235i. Plus, I would assume the M2 would have everything that makes a M car proper. Quad exhaust, a better LSD, DCT/Manual, carbon fiber bits, etc