View Single Post
      10-04-2015, 05:10 PM   #15
dah
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
I could have swore sport seats were standard on all models now and the base seats were an option only if you get the luxury package. Is that just for 2016?
Yes, 'sport line' is now standard (minus the m-sport suspension), but the plain seats are essentially a no cost option. Nice now that you can have sensatec in black or oyster/black in every trim - don't remember BMW offering that in any previous cars.

I would have been happy with the 2015 sport package, but getting sport suspension now requires the m-sport bodywork now for 2016, at the exact same cost as the THP. $2300 for stiffer springs and different body work isn't too appealing considering the actual parts cost barely than the base car's.

I have a convertible with THP (no run flats), and even in sport the ride is softer than my Focus ST, S2000, or E92 sport pkg. However, there is a little jiggle going on in the suspension, not the body, that the other cars did not have. The Dinan shockware may solve, but I am holding out hope for BMW to fix, haha.

Some of you must be jaded, because the hi-fi audio is better than most cars, even several steps above my 'upgraded' Focus ST Sony system, but a few steps below the E92 HK (std back then in the 335, sigh).
Appreciate 0