pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
i'd want this.

360-370hp, n55. hell even 350 would be enough, it doesnt have to be crazy
either a DCT or the 8ZF tuned from the m235i racing as the 'auto' option (honestly the 8ZF programming from the m235i racing as "sport+" given it'd cost almost nothing, would be ok if it made it cost less)
the wider track / suspension directly to the body like the m3/m4 with flared fenders (made from aluminum to save weight). also a aluminum trunklid / hood (cheaper than CF, and still saves a lot of weight)

base no power seats (and it'd be nice if you actually saved money for this) just like a 228i can have (saves ~10 lbs per seat, and the 1M could have this). this would also cost nothing obviously for them to do. you can add back power seats if you want for $

base no moonroof (even if its not CF thats 50 lbs, they should also give you money back for this, so it shoudl be the base car). again if you want one you add $

the m-sport LSD standard (its an M car after all)

some M looking 18" style Rims that look nicer than the m235i ones

alcantera seats as an option. nappa as an option. base sensatech or that sport cloth from the m3/m4

better paint color options.

base price of like $50k. so basically, suspension + wide track, and the base items that save weight that would cost nothing for BMW to do and retuned automatic / slightly higher tune engine. i'm not sure if this is an m2, or maybe really what my idea of what the M235 should have been, but still its my wish list.
Aside from the transmission and sensatec argument, I think this is the most reasonable list. Style, stiffness and weight savings without the investment. The scrappy little brother nipping at the heals of the M3/4, but not mature enough yet for the top-line tech.

Most of us here are wishing for a mini M4. S55, suspension, M4 seats, M4 trans, M4 driveshaft, M4-like luxury, etc. The cost savings brought on my smaller form factor are marginal, making the margins too small for the reasonable price point.
Appreciate 0