Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by moldcad View Post
One more question, if you don't mind: when ordering the rear diffuser, which "portion" of the stock one is actually replaced:

- the entire (gloss black painted) part going along most of the width of the rear under-bumper area, or

- just the middle section of it (between the tailpipes)?

If it's the former, does it come in the car body with only the latter central part black (or is it CF)? If the former, does the installation include cutting the shape of the central part in the stock black diffuser, and painting its outside portions with the car body color?

My above questions arise from the fact that in each and every photo of the real diffuser M-P part installed, I can see what used to be the black stock "diffuser" (which is the most ugly and "unfinished" area of the M-Sport package) in the body color (usually white - as your and mine M235i body) with only the middle part (the actual diffuser, between the exhaust pipes) in CF black...
The whole dark area is replaced (below the reflectors). The MP diffuser is unpainted dark grey plastic - many get the outer portion painted.
Appreciate 0