Wilson
Private
Rep
Drives: broken down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Yes, I get it...you had me at die-hard!

+1

It's so weird how the automatic crowd doesn't get it? I know they think the same of us but the reality is that we are not buying transportation cars. We are buying fun. If we base our choices strictly on numbers, then we should all own Camrys! I hear stupid things about moms buying SUVs for safety....yet they don't handle that well, have lousy visibility and the fact is, minivans have the least fatalities of any car type! Yet they don't buy minivans because they are not cool.

It's the same principle with auto. We don't care if IT shifts faster because IT is doing the shifting. I want to do the shifting. Also, the greatest advantage is in 0-60 times which means using launch control, where the IT controls wheelspin and IT shifts for you. I don't want a google car that does it for me! There is no pride in a good launch, 0-60 time when you push a button and mash the throttle! I can't understand how that makes anyone happy. It reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo jumping up and down, and taking his shirt off on a PENALTY KICK! It's a PENALTY KICK! You have a 99% chance of scoring...there is no pride in that but that is what automated cars do. The joy comes from making the beautiful launch and feeling like the car needs you as much as you need it. You need to time your shifts like a drummer and a monkey couldn't do that! But a monkey put in an automatic and given a treat to mash the throttle could do it!

So automatic guys, keep taking your shirts off on penalty kicks but us die hards want to make a beautiful play and score a beautiful goal.
So, let me guess, you're the type of guy who doesn't use a remote control for his tv because you like to get up of the couch and walk over and press the buttons to change the channel, because it gives you more involvement, more direct mechanical linkage to the tv, plus as you say, you don't want a google tv to do it for you, there's no pride in that.

Seriously, give me a break, you will grow to appreciate the finer things in life, including DCT's.

Last edited by Wilson; 08-22-2014 at 06:22 AM..
Appreciate 0