View Single Post
      01-05-2014, 11:07 PM   #181
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingTooFast View Post
Let the man express himself... you are not forced to read what he writes and you don't have the right to judge what others should read since the post is not directly addressed to you.

And, don't take me wrong because as an 1M owner I'm one who believes that 100 kg less from the 1M's overall weight is all it takes for a future M2 to completely eclipse the 1M, if petrol should still be the way to go. But anyway, I'm a strong believer in a diesel solution today, let alone in such a distant future ... Everything else, except for that lower weight, is more of the same, so Artemis may be right after all - the 1M will probably still be an icon for a long time to come and there's absolutely no need to wait for a M2.

After the 1M I will be leaving BMW since I feel they've abandoned their more demanding EFFICIENT DYNAMICS' customers such as myself, in the first place.
Great post.
I have plan on owning an M2 & currently drive a 135is. Problem is, I really don't want to wait nearly 3 years while BMW vets their M3/M4 & M235i on the public... while they dangle the M2 carrot.

I can easily jump to a corvette, new mustang and/or audi, etc. But all-the-while we still wait for this quintessential phantom M2. And I say this, because without the M2 coming/on the horizon, I wouldn't even be on a BMW board. As even the new M3/M4 is unimpressive, due to it's physical size. I don't see the M4 tracking too well, over the M235i.. so it's essentially pointless as an M car.

So once again, with unimpressive elder Ms, a good portion of the performance community is waiting on any news of the 2016 M2. So the irony is, how long can BMW string us along and give the M3 and M4 and M235i "breathing room" ?

Problem is SCOTT, BMW doesn't understand we might give them all the breathing room they want... , by patronizing another brand. Something BMW always forget internally when looking at themselves. We can shop elsewhere, they can't...
Appreciate 0