07-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #41
th1rd3y3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthestck View Post
Just a piece of advice: DONT TURN THEM BOTH OFF ON PUBLIC ROADS EVEN WHEN THERE IS NO TRAFFIC.I learnt that lesson the hard way.

Yes if you're not familiar with driving a decently powere RWD car then that would be good advice. I pretty much disable it immediately upon entering the car and drive nowhere with it on. I dislike it's interference, especially when not expecting it to do so.

On another note, I discovered that the TPMS and DSC are linked together. Yesterday at an autox I adjusted my tire pressures outside the specs of what the TPMS thought was "safe". Once it thought there was a flat or low tire, I could no longer disable DSC. It let me turn it off while sitting still, but after launching off the line, the DSC Off light would go away and it re-enabled itself rendering 3 of my 5 runs completely useless as the car had no power or ability to rotate on throttle.

Any ideas on how to get around this or code it out completely. I was able to air my rear tires back up to 38 (from the 32 I was running) and reset the TPMS for my last run and keep DSC off but not being able to adjust tire pressures to what I want for a short amount of time is absurd.
Appreciate 0