Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningwerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Yep.

Don't worry...tomorrow there will be another tuner no one has ever heard of who has cracked the ECU who will make a major announcement in two weeks.
??? First i answered him very detailed via mail. Next, there are 2 other competitors i know who are able to handle this. Also i warned, that it makes no sense if you are not located close to us, cause BMW is overwriting the data block after every service so the customer will have a lot of stress if this happens. ECU out (with the N55 no fun ) sending, sending back, refit the ECU. Also im able to describe how it works! The result will be, that BMW will close this back door soon! But im not willing to accept such a post without a reply. A 172G is not a big deal. The first way most tuners try is
the direct way via password. This will not work or better it will cause a high computing time. The better way is, remove the ECU, open it, do a reset of the system time (it must be under 10hrs), here you can use available tools, than unlock it and switch it to kind of developer mode. Than change the password retrieval to existing system pswd is not valid, instead the pswd in same bit length is set to valid. Than you are able to read bin file out. Use a tool like Map3d or WinOLS for the remapping after that calculate the checksum. Write it back, switch back to the default mode, re fit the ECU.
Have fun!
Which other competitors can do this? Only in Germany?
Appreciate 0