View Single Post
      10-31-2014, 10:30 AM   #7
Tuningwerk
Rep
Drives: M235i RS

Thats not what we doing or recommend. Itīs correct that we are able to write (like some other too) the ECUīs from the M235i. The M135i after July 2013 too. But in both cases not with every iStep version. Some times we have to change the iStep before, which we can do only if we have the car
in our garage. Just with the ECU we need a diag print from a BMW dealer with the installed iStep because not every iStep is comaptible with othe CUīs with a other software step. Writing a ECU without testing the car after remap is also not our favorite. So maybe we lose some money if i write this here, but it will be not fair if i don't tell the hole story.

Also we are not the heros nor we are the only company which is able to write F-Series BMWīs. Also we didnīt have cracked the BMW software! Iīm sure that the large tuning software companyīs like Flashtec, AlienTech, TechTec and so on will provide in the near future their new releases, that all
local tuners can do the same.

Next is, that we never recommend any power steps over 360hp with this N55B30A engines.

A other thing is, that a remap is maybe better then a tuning box, but please donīt forget that a remap can be overwritten by BMW if your car was there for service. I agree that a track tool should be written, but a street legal car if you are not close to our company means sending the ECU again even if we have time and do it at the same day, the customer will lose time. Also someone should dismount the ECU before and re fit it after we was sending it back.

I donīt want to be suggestive that we are not happy about orders from international customers, but in this case customers should think about twice.

Sorry for my bad English!

Thanks
Peter
Appreciate 0