View Single Post
      01-14-2014, 09:49 AM   #61
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
My hobby at car shows is to get in cars and look for hard plastic in their interiors just because I hate hard plastics in $30,000-and-above cars. Seriously. Back in Sept 2011 I sat in the new-by-then-F20 1-Series hatch in display at the Munich airport while doing ED. The level of hard plastic was disappointing, to say the least. That is the same interior in this 2-Series.

You can see in the photos in this thread the division between what is covered by soft and hard platic easily -the simulated grain and color of the plastic is different. The most obvious split is in the doors panels, the storage pocket section is hard plastic.

By the way, the Civic, the Accord and worst of all, all Acuras (except the RLX) have more hard plastic in their interior than this 2-Series. The CLA does have quite a number of interior panels in hard plastic, as well.

Just check them out.
Do you think the upper dash is hard plastic? Almost looks like it from these photos, which would he inexcusable. My wife had a 2007 Civic and both upper and lower dash was soft material, which I think is better than the 2 series is going to have.
Appreciate 0