05-17-2016, 11:27 AM   #104
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_88M
You guys need to chill ye the B58 will be a great engine, Probably going to be long runner just like the N55 but as with the N55 all new engines will come with weird problems in the beginning until they are solved. And with BMW removed loads of stuff of their warranty list i would be extremely careful, So let a couple of 100-200 people buy it in the first year of 2017 then follow BMW forums closely look what they have for type of issue and buy a late 2018 LCI model and you are are pretty safe from that point on .

And a lot of people here tend to put the 235/240 against the M2 i think you should avoid doing that cause thees two cars even though they look a lot like each other on the outside they are breed for two different purposes. The M2 being the latest one is a track monster yes it will be a good daily drive but on the track is where it will shine the most where you can push it to its limits without worrying about killing anyone except yourself. Whilst the 235/240 they are good on the track but even better on the roads dealing with day to day issues. My biggest issue with the 235/240 is the weird tire offset and sometimes i wish they would have designed it for a bit larger tires tbh.

But for me i am mostly exited about a M240 Grand Coupe if it arrives i want a 5 door saloon so badly but i don't like the 3/4 series and the M3 is good value these days tbh with the S55 it just might be an option in the future but its design is getting old so BMW better be putting out a new 3/4 series soon

So relax people its still a 235 though called 240 from now on just with a new engine the rest will probably be the same, Suspension wise the same, tire size the same probably, the damn brake dust that drives ya mad the same, the exhaust the same. The design of the car the same until LCI pops up.

I wonder though if these new bhp figures are going to be spot on when tested on a dyno or lower or higher then what it states. Cause the 235i develops more then what papers said if i am not mistaken when i read this a long while ago.

Remember there will always be a newer better car then the one you own, So its like when you drive on the Highway no matter how many cars you pass there is always someone ahead of you.
You're not incorrect about the new engines. But keep in mind that the B58 will have been in production in the 3 and 7 for a full year by the time the 2 gets it. One year won't get every bug out it certainly allows time to fix large issues
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 1