12-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #85
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I can understand the rotation of the tires point of view, but the staggered look makes the car's stance more aggressive.

Maybe that's why the rear doesn't look that great to me. They have 7.5 all around...my god I hope that's some sort of misprint.
The M135i has 7.5 front and 8 rear, I think it is a typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
M235i seems overpriced to me. Was expecting it to be less expensive than the CLA45 AMG. After all one is a real AMG, and the other is not quite an M. This car should be $39 base.
Not trying to start an argument here, because I am actually looking at both cars.

M235i - 44025 base (including destination)
CLA45 AMG - 48375 base (including destination)

so, stock for stock, its about 4,350 in price difference.

I believe the CLA45 AMG I had built was around the 52k mark. All I had optioned are sensatech recaro seats (2250) and AMG Exhaust (450).

I am guessing if LSD is 2K, then the M235i will be around 46k, still 2k difference.

Price includes 4 year free maintenance with BMW. Mercedes offers none (or you can pre-buy for 1,500 I believe)

Also remember, the M235i weights less then the CLA45 AMG.

Power for power, they are pretty even when you consider weight.
CLA45 may be faster due to double clutch and FWD based AWD, but this is my first manual car, so that is why I am leaning towards M235i.

Plus, with the cash left over, I can do some good mods onto my M235i. My personal budget is about 50k for everything (rims, exhaust, carbon bits).

If I got the CLA45 AMG, I wouldn't be getting any aftermarket parts