Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post

Steering Feel

I wish I had something exciting to say here, but with all due respect to those that disagree, and taking into account that I have never driven a F30…the doomsday view of the EPS is ridiculous. Yes, overall it is lighter than the 135. Is that bad? No - because when I want it to be heavy - aka roundabout hooligan driving in Sport + - it is plenty heavy and gives me plenty of feedback. Those that say it doesn't - well maybe those dudes ran into something while driving fast. I didn't run into anything, and again it felt "normal". No big differences to speak of, except maybe at really low speeds in comfort mode. I won't be spending much time in comfort mode because I like the way the car "feels" in Sport + so much better.

Honestly. This isn't a big deal. And it will just continue to improve. And if BMW wants to change it, my guess is that it could be accomplished in a software upgrade. Good luck doing that with a hydraulic system.

I am currently on my second f30. Both are 2013 models, 335i xDrive, M Sport, ...

In the past year, since I sold my first f30, BMW has released a software update which has improved the dynamics of the EPS system. Dramatically. It has rectified most of the problems with the EPS system, which early users have been reporting on. My second f30 enjoys a MUCH improved steering feel. It's like a totally different car. My first f30 was a joke. I am not trying to be mean.

The f32 gets the updated software (hence the great reviews and very few qualms about the steering). The MY 2014+ f30 gets the updated software, as does your M235i. I doubt that you will hear much more complaints about the steering system, now that BMW has taken measures to fix that problem. I guess that is the silver lining about the whole EPS thing. Don't like it, just re-tune it with a software update. As opposed to developing a whole new steering rack.

Congrats on the new car! Looks very nice.
Appreciate 0