Thread: 135i vs M235i
View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
number1draftpick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

Don't think of a test drive as something someone should only do if they've decided on a car. It's a big part of the evaluation process, which is exactly what you'd be doing since you are considering the M235i. I think it would be very much appropriate and recommended that you do a test drive.

I've driven both and liked both. I do find the M235i to be a bit less bumpy on bad roads and of course more powerful. The steering may be a slight step back in its current form but I still enjoyed it and felt engaged with the road. Other than that, I can't offer much more since I never really considered the 1 series. At that time, I had a 328i and was quite fine with that size. BMW's new larger models are what made me look towards the 2 series. They are just too big for me now.

Overall, it sounds like you should take your time and decided. What the length of commitment you have in mind, you're pretty much getting married! If you'll feel back that you didn't wait for an M2, sit back and see when and if it will be launched before you make your move. If you're ultimate goal is to save money, go with the 135i. But over 20 years, it probably won't matter which one you get, so just go with the one that you love the most.
Appreciate 0