View Single Post
      09-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #11
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by f22_shayan View Post
well thats my main question, i just mainly see meth kits made for a JB4. not as much for BM3 as far as i have seen.
All the meth kits are universal in nature. The only thing that separates the BMS kit apart from the others is the flow/fail safe integration into the JB4. So it allows the user to adjust boost and when it sprays as well as tell the tune when methanol is spraying to go onto the desired map.

This sort of logic can still be achieved on other universal kits, you need to the appropriate hardware and set it up accordingly.

The hardware is virtually the same, Pump, tank lines, nozzle. Universal kits, primarily stage 1 kits, utilize a boost activated switch to turn on methanol at a desired PSI. This has been used for a quite a long time.

The only downside when not coupled with a failsafe/flow sensor is if methanol stops flowing (for whatever reason) there is nothing to tell the tune methanol has stopped.

Companies like Snow and AEM do offer optional universal failsafe/flow sensors which can be implemented into any tune. It just comes down to your preferred route and budget. A lot of people today still spray and pray but you need to make a conscious effort to datalog, watch and maintain your meth system without a failsafe.

If you have any more questions or want me to dive into anything deeper, let me know.
Appreciate 4
FSociety3812.50
Shayan55339.50
cxp213313.00
Taunto281.50