View Single Post
      04-14-2016, 12:25 PM   #60
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i M Sport

Very nice looking car, snodgrass23, congratulations!

FWIW, here is my 228i with the Dinan springs, bump stops and 15mm spacers F/R. I wish I had the talent/experience to do the install myself but I do not, so am fortunate to have a superb indie BMW tuner shop nearby. Their work is immaculate.

I never thought I would like this mod as much as I do. I find the drop perfect; very much more and it can look like something broke. More importantly -- to me, anyway -- the effect on handling has been very significant, especially alongside the extra power put out by the tune. The car does not understeer anything like the way it did, enabling me to brake later approaching sweeping corners and stay on the gas longer. I am really gratified by the dialing out of body roll, lean and dive. The car is much livelier and more sensitive to inputs; it corners flatter, when you hit the gas it picks up very quickly and positive brake input (both applying brakes and lifting off) feels like sports car dynamics should. The power is getting put down on the road rather than getting dissipated in too soft a suspension setup. It's a fantastic mod.

2015 BMW 228i M Sport w/Track Handling Package
DAP | Lighting | Premium | Tech
DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit

Last edited by BarryJI; 04-14-2016 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0