View Single Post
      05-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #88
cire
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Yes I have the ZF8 Auto. I think this tranny is a big reason why the mileage and performance are good.

This car is such an improvement over my 128. Way better power (everywhere) and a smoother ride (I didn't get the M Sport because it was too rough on our roads in Southern Alberta). Better fuel mileage, than my 128. The 228 is significantly quieter than the 128 and I have the shitty square Pirelli Runflats. The six speed auto in the 128 was horrible and this 8 speed is better than fantastic. I like the extra width of the car (decent cup holders and centre armrest). Way way better electronics including the navigation, stereo (HK to HK), Bluetooth interface, headlights, etc.

I don't like the lower bolsters on the seats, the dead petal, idle roughness and back end.

Overall a great improvement over the 128. I went in to buy a 235 (actually I went to buy a S4 but couldn't make a deal) and ended up with the 228. The N20 is really that good (5 sec 0-60 is damn good). After driving the 228 and 235 back to back, I chose the 228. The 235 has longer legs but in everyday driving, the 228 is very good.

The 228 is simply a commuting car for me at about 60 miles/day. 3M covering the front and a windshield every year. I didn't want the x drive and I will drive this car all winter, just like I drove the 128 (just need good winter tires). So far so good, but we will see how it goes - I have owned several BMW's.
Appreciate 0