MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Dealer doesn't have a production number, so you are in a waiting pattern. Find another dealer if you aren't married to this one. Ideally the store should trade for a number but they don't seem motivated.
I'm not completely married, but they did give me a massive discount so that might explain why they aren't willing to do a trade, as you suggest, as I assume it would cost them something.

My issue now is that my current car, a E46 330Ci ZHP, needs a vanos and ignition coil repair and the engine keeps running rougher with each passing week. At 165K and a bit of body damage, it's not really worth anything as a trade. I'm trying to avoid having to put more money into that car if I can help it. But if we're looking at a May / June timeframe then I may have to.

Guess I’m learning more about BMW order codes and the process. I now recall another dealer saying they had a "ready to build" allotment and needed to put the changes in for my specific build soon “before it went 150”. I thought at the time he might be trying to rush me, but seems there was a legit reason for saying that. From my reading, one usually expect that when a dealer says they "have an allotment" that it’s ready to build and you should get a build code within minutes. Guess I should have had that clarified at the time, but I didn’t know the difference.
Appreciate 0