01-07-2014, 11:47 AM   #203
JC135
Reticent
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Alpine White 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfProGiff View Post
The 19" that are shown are very similar to some that have been offered in the past. My guess is they are in line with past pricing and I want to say they are north of $4k for a set with wheels & tires. They look great so I was trying to get the GM to build it with them on and pay the difference in the wheel cost, whatever it would be. Needless to say that was a no go and I realized how they make they $$.

My 2 cents on price is that this thing is a steal at $43k (look at the comparisons. This car matches up amazingly to the e46 M3, 335is, and other examples they list in the forum. I was looking at them last night and realized the thing is the same size as a e46!. My concerns of size were eliminated immediately) My 335is was $60k and if you take a e46 M3 at time of purchase and consider inflation I'm sure that they weren't cheap. I personally think it's a fair ratio of performance to cost. MPG is amazing too considering. But if I build what I want and add the rims and some other goodies I'm over $56k for sure. So I understand everyone's concerns.

I wish I could just go with the base at $43+ and be done with it. God forbid I can't use my nav to skype my friends while checking stocks and Facebook while hanging S turns at 70 mph. For me personally, even fully loaded, it will actually save me $ compared to my 335is and I really don't think I'm sacrificing much other than backseat legroom. Truth is I just wish we could order everything a la carte to meet our desires and price restrictions and add it up and the end. Unfortunately the "package" world is here to stay I think.
Agreed, rather than all the latest and greatest BS tech that I don't ever use as it takes away from the drive and creates potentially dangerous situations, I'll enjoy driving my "Ultimate Driving Machine."