ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
You have answered your own question !
The number of cylinders in itself is not the issue. How that will translate into how the car drives, feels, its power delivery to use your words, turbo lag, sound, throttle sensitivity, sound, rev range, rev buildup etc.. are the issues we are concerned about.

There is no doubt that given current technology, the I6 will have the advantage in all these categories (assuming the current technology is applied to either engine). The only categories the 4 pot will be better at are: weight, weight distribution and fuel consumption.

If you told me that BMW was spending billions of Euros on R&D to develop an I4 that would equal or better an I6 in these categories mentioned above, then I would absolutely have no reservations and favor the I4.
The reality is we all know that this is not the case.
Then why are 50% of the respondents of this survey saying they wouldn't even CONSIDER a 4 banger? That's the point. I was acknowledging the fact that right now 6 appears to be the answer, but who wouldn't consider something else? I'd buy a rotary M2 if it was the best choice.
Appreciate 0