evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKE_M3
To me, I'm not as much of an m3 coupe fan. I dig them, but I'd prefer the sedan. That's where they really shine. I have three kids, so M2 or M235 don't work for me :-(. M3 sedan is worth the extra money, perhaps the coupe is not.
Agreed. They have 'sports sedan' nailed down to perfection. The coupe is fine, but adding 2 doors just makes it so much nicer for those of us with extra cargo. It's definitely their bread and butter...the sweet spot.
this^^

the article really said it best and I see a lot of rewording and spinning of the words but it still comes down to: most economical, most refined, most exciting.

M235i is eliminated from my shopping list for it's lack of 4 doors. Alpina is eliminated from my list because of it's boring (albeit nice and unique) interior and auto transmission (gotta have that DCT). M3 is the only car for me. It's not inexpensive but makes me smile, hauls my kids or a couple friends & golf bags, and still can keep up with some fast sports cars at track events. It really is a TRUE M car. those who say it's not are stuck in the past, sorry haters

that being said I would never fault anyone for choosing either of these other cars... they're all great but in different ways. it really comes down to preference.

Appreciate 0