10-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #88
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I wish I was wrong, but I think you (and I) will be disappointed. From what I heard is that there is no 2er GranCoupé to come that soon. The 2er GranCoupé is to come based on the new FWD UKL platform, underpinning the 2er ActiveTourer (MPV), directly rivalling the Mercedes CLA as a 4 door A Class "Coupé". So no RWD 2er GranCoupé based on F22. Hope it won't turn this way, but I wouldn't have high expectations. As the whole F platforms are to be replaced either by the new ULK platform for the lower models and the G platform for the models starting by 3er and beyond, I would not expect any further development on F platform. BMW X4 and X6 are the last new models to come on the F platform. The next 7er G11 will start the new era. The Z4 will not be built on the current F platform, but a on a new sports platform co-developed with Toyota.
Shucks! I hope they change their mind, next 2er platform is at least 5 years out? More? Until then low-end luxury buyers will be buying the heck out of the cheap CLA and A3 sedan.

I guess only time will tell, I'm not due for another car until 2018, was hoping to find an off-lease (36 month old) 2015 M235i GC somewhere early 2018.

I guess that pushes me towards spending more cash on my ZHP (always planned to keep it) and finding a nice CPO SAV(x3)/SAC(x4) in 2018 for a DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Ho View Post
Imola.ZHP - that's one discerning observation. Can't agree more. My hat off
Haha, thanks! I've used this observation a few times now, f30, f32, f10, etc. I should save it somewhere on my computer to copy and paste more easily. I think I said it better before, but don't quite remember how I worded it. Sometimes I find it comical, other times I find it frustrating. With most things in life, I try to keep an open mind and welcome change as change = progress (most of the time).

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0