07-26-2016, 08:56 PM   #41
BloomRunsDubs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
TY! I was thinking it was closer to the old Gallardo.

I checked out R8 talk and the newest R8 V10 isn't that much at all.
Here's a response from one of the members that just purchased a 2015 R8:
dpe, when I purchased my 2015 R8 V10, the business manager broke down the scheduled maintenance cost as follows:
5000 mile = FREE
15,000 mile or year 2 = $603.31
25,000 mile or year 3 = $425.94
35,000 mile or year 4 = $961.30
45,000 mile or year 5 = $425.94
Total is $2,416.49
That should give you a rough idea as to what it cost to maintain one of these.

I'm going to change my vote to the R8. Apparently the older R8's have a pretty low maintenance schedule as well. If you're going to get something that costs this much, make sure it stands out as something totally different.
Your original choices:
- 991 Turbo - Epic performance for sure, parked next to a true exotic it becomes invisible. Not different enough compared to others you can get.
- Aston Martin DBS - Yes, maintenance cost of these is an arm and a leg. Looks fantastic and sounds even better, but may not do it in the end.
- Jaguar F-Type R - Great car for sure, just too similar to the V6 model and ends up being similar as the 911 for not being different enough.
- AMG GTS - I saw one in real life. I liked it! Definitely worth while looking at. Super interior IMHO.
That sounds about right. Id say the F Type R is the best value for money on this list. Already under 80k used and still under warrenty. I loved the AMG GT interior as well.

To me there just isnt anything in this price range that can compare to the presence of a V10 R8 or the Gallardo. I shouldn't be over here recommending those cars to people though.. hopefully ill be shopping for one of those 2 myself soon
Appreciate 0