03-20-2015, 03:42 PM   #7
kaede
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimminez View Post
I purchased an RX-100 v1 a few years ago since I wanted something more compact to have as a handy camera for family trips. I found myself using it more than the DSLR in those situations after a few uses. It really does a great job and takes excellent images especially the camera jpegs.

Yes it's a pricey camera but you probably can find a used v1 or v2 for a good price and will take care of what you're looking for.
Thanks!!

The mk1 & mk2 is still selling for quite expensive around my area used. Might as well pay a bit more for the better lens and the EVF (part of the reason why i like the mk3 is because of the build in EVF).

I know I will love using the Rx100m3 if i do end up picking it up. And like you, I will for sure find myself carrying that around much more than the DSLRs. I guess one of the considerations is also if i do get the Sony, i will feel that i am putting my DSLR gears to waste...

I am leaning towards picking up the RX100 for right now, seems more logical especially i AM looking for camera that i need to use for travelling purposes.
08' E90 M3 6MT - DD
13' W212 E63 AMG Wagon
Appreciate 0