View Single Post
      03-19-2022, 02:11 AM   #14
sillieidiot
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330ci

Yo, back again with a couple updates.

First up...

So, I went to swap cars and got to take some pictures of the eyeshade that I got SamBam for Christmas. I told her to send me pictures but noo So I got it myself lol Not the best quality but whatever. Took one with mines too lol One day, I'll get all 3 cars all lined up lol

Then next day, I did some basic maintenance that was much needed. Got new PIAA Si-tech wipers, cabin and engine air filters.

Ok next adventure…

So I was talking to this mobile detailer on reddit in January. Was just trying to get the guy to come out and do a wash + clay so that it could be prepped for coating.

I set aside a weekend to get it done, and then on day of, the fucker ghosts me. Fuck this guy. I'd post his details but he deleted them on reddit. Wasted like more than a half day, then when it felt like it wasn't happening, I was like fuck it. I'll do it myself lol

So I washed the car. Used a clay mitt on it. Stripped whatever stuff was on it. I also found a random long scratch that was on both sides of the car in different spots. I just hand polished the area so it wasn't too bad. I debated on actually doing a one step polish for awhile, but I was like screw it. I'll just put this coating (Meguair's Hybrid Paint Coating) on and see how long it lasts first Because if I were going to polish, it's probably better to go with something that is known to be more durable like Cquartz so I don't have to polish again for like a couple years. This coating, only supposed to last a year so I was lazy lol

I totally skipped the wheels because then it would be too much work But I was planning to do that whenever I get those exhaust tips.

Here's some pictures during process:

All the crap from claying, this was just from the rear bumper and side skirts

The paint coating process was ridiculously easy compared to a lot of the other brands. And since I only had to do 2/3 of the car, it was way faster than normal. The front has PPF and is already coated.

So I debated back and forth about coating the glass. This car has such small windows, that I just sucked it up and coated it too.

Finished:

Then when I finished that, I debated about the interior. God it's so dirty with all her dog hair in it. But I'm a masochist , so I vacuumed and coated the leather too lol I used a less permanent leather coating though because it lets me put it in pretty much everything on the car except the fabric. I don't have any pictures of that though

Here's a list of the products I used (included a couple coatings I used prior as well):

Exterior
  • CarPro DLux (plastic/high temp paint coating, was used on diffuser and flippers on lip. Plan to use it on chrome tips, wheels, and calipers later)
  • Carpro Eraser (strip polish/oils/etc)
  • Gtechniq HALO (coating for PPF/vinyl wrap)
  • Gtechniq Ultimate Glass care kit
  • G1 Clearvision smart glass (the glass coating)
  • G2 Residue remover (required for application process)
  • G4 Nanotech glass polish (optional, but I used it so that the glass could be really clean)
  • Koch-Chemie - Gentle Snow Foam (used as both pre-wash and the shampoo)
  • Meguair's Hybrid Paint Coating (painted surfaces)
  • Nanoskin Autoscrub Fine Grade Clay Mitt
  • Optimum No Rinse (diluted for clay lube)
  • Sonax Perfect Finish (for the two scratches)

Interior
  • Carpro Inside (used with brush to deep clean interior surfaces)
  • Gyeon Q2 Leather Coat (interior coating, applied to everything but fabric)

Honestly, if I were doing this again. I would totally do the glass coating first, then do the paint coating after. But because I didn't plan on doing the glass, it made it so much harder

And lastly…

Remember how I previously did something so that I could get SamBam to buy it? Well…it worked LOL

She bought the VRSF 90mm chrome tips. They are straight cut, single wall.

Getting them installed

Exactly what I wanted. It's subtle. I didn't extend it too far out so it looks factory.

I know, the car is filthy lol It just keep raining whenever I wanna wash the car. But I'll get to it soon while the exhaust tips are still clean.

That's all for now. Until next time…
Appreciate 0