m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody4 View Post
So, everyone gets the limited slip differential except North America, or am I just not seeing it on BMW's U.S. website?

Also, it looks like another vote for the ho-hum steering in this car. But, I wonder if this is simply overemphasized, as I'm more-than-satisfied with my Sports Packaged-equipped E90. (Admittedly, it has different steering mechanicals than the new 2-series.)
I was 95% ready to buy a new F30 335 to replace my 2007 E90 with sport package. The dealer had a car spec'd exactly how I wanted. I went to drive it before purchasing figuring that all of the steering woes were exaggerated and it wouldn't bother me. I don't track the car, I use it for a lively 7 miles of commuting a day so I figured there was no way it would bother me. Man was I wrong. I couldn't believe how annoying I found it. I"m sure you'd probably get used to it but it was bad enough that I didn't buy the car. It literally feels like the wheel is linked to the tires with a rubber band.... even when you set it to sport+ or whatever its called it still was no bueno for me. Everything else about the car felt like a big step up from the E90 but at the end of the day I didn't think it was going to be a fun enough car with that steering to justify $55k. Point is I really hope they've fixed it on the M235i.
Same here about the steering feel. Was planning on ordering a 435 but after the test drive i felt the same way. I got in my e92 335 and enjoyed the drive back home in that car much more than the test drive of the 435. Guess ill wait to see what the m235 has to offer...
Appreciate 0