View Single Post
      04-19-2015, 03:05 AM   #52
Jasond13
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

OK so I hope this sheds some light, I experience the startup stumble 8 out of 10 starts but its minor and goes away quickly it’s really not big issue for me. What I have found to be the weak points is, both clamps tend to come lose in a cold or hot climate. I check them once a week and they stretch, especially the clamp around the filter. That oval is unnatural for that clamp, they are meant to seal round not oval. I had numerous issues drivetrain malfunctions surges and all sorts of weird issues. I though I blew my charge pipe or something in the system when in fact if air gets in by either clamp because it’s not sealed and bypasses the MAF or flows by it improperly you will encounter these issues. So yes I agree BMS needs to make a revised version of this intake, and I'm sure they will. As for customer service Terry and his guys have always answered my questions. They never mention the intake I kind of figured it out on my own. But they were still helpful with leading me to it. As long as those clamps are sealed my car runs great no issues. What they really need to make is an all-aluminum, titanium or Carbon Fiber intake that won’t contract & expand from temperature. One that a better type of clamp can grip well. I had an all-aluminum intake from Injen on my Evo X and that never came lose.
Appreciate 1