View Single Post
      03-02-2019, 01:52 AM   #6
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
Similar to the stupid turn signal stalk that doesn't stay in place when you activate it. BMW finally got rid of that..
I find the clunkiness of most manufacturers mechanical indicator stalks to be quite crude and variable in the way they cancel. I far prefer the smooth and effective cancelling operation of the BMW electronic indicator stalks. They just need a minimal touch and have great weighted feedback that easily selects between lane change and turn initiation, to me it is a pity that what I feel is a superior design is being ditched because it is different from the norm - all depends on personal preference.

One of the other differences that they had for a long time was the window switches near the gear lever, much more efficient when opening a window at a car park when driving a manual transmission, as you don’t have to swap hands on the steering wheel between operating the gear lever and window switches as you approach or pull away from the barrier.

I’m sure in time they will also remove other engineering quirks that make them different but potentially better, such as the double pull bonnet/hood release with no need to hunt for the release lever under the edge of the bonnet, or the back seat release levers in the boot/trunk to provide better boot security than putting them on the top of the seat back.
Appreciate 1
AndDown176.50