View Single Post
      10-07-2017, 06:41 AM   #64
Mjpgolf1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i F23 Vert

The hate here is strong. I’m not at all in favor of trying to pass a non M car off as the real deal. However I will say that bmw kind of screwed up with the M240/235 making the car waaay too close in performance to the M2 in their stock form. Someone early on in this thread compared the m models of the past with their non M counterparts but when those cars were new there was such a big gap in performance that it wasn’t even close. The E46 M3 vs the 330 ZHP for instance, the 330 had somewhere around 225bhp while the e46 M was 333bhp. So the acceleration and performance was separated by such a significant gap that spending the extra money for the M made you feel as though it was well worth it. Lap times with those two cars were separated by a significant margain on all the testing circuits. So when it comes to the M235/240 vs the M2 that gap has closed dramatically and the performance difference is so small that if I bought an M2 I would actually be a bit upset at BMW and wonder what I spent that extra $10k+ on. I personally am ok with it because I got a car that is extremely capable of putting down lap times right there with the true M cars, but I wouldn’t be so happy if I was one of the people who just spent $20k over sticker months ago to get the M2.
Appreciate 3
Dylan861330.00
scrammer421.50